:God's Plans are H-U-G-E:

Things happen. Things change.

So this year has seen the Lord open up amazing opportunities that I've never dreamed I would have. Starting from Jan 19th speaking at UTCCF in Toronto. That's been amazing because I've never been a guest speaker at any place like that. To hear Mike Lau's introduction for me was actually strange. I've never really been introduced to people whom never heard me before so it was strange. I listened to some of the talk and it's just crazy to hear the references. Not to the bible, but to my own life that I've lived since I've become Christian.

Let's take a step back here.

Let's just get it out there when I was kicked out of uni I was at the bottom of whatever well of despair I was in. I don't dwell here, as God has redeemed my life and taken me from that place, but let's just say that I wasn't thinking about sharing anything about my failures. Zoom forward about 6 years and here I am, in Toronto sharing with a bunch university students about how the bottom of that well was God's plan for my life. You can click here if you want to hear that talk.

Then when I get back to Hong Kong I get asked to share my testimony in China, to a group of over 100 young adults in Dong Guan. Are you kidding me? You want ME to share? Did you know how many pills of ecstasy a night I was popping just 7 years ago? Guess not.

Are you kidding me? You want ME to share? Did you know how many pills of ecstasy a night I was popping just 7 years ago? Guess not.

Sharing the gospel to about 120 hungry locals in Dong Guan, working professionals, was amazing. Tom, Jacinta and Mark did an amazing job leading worship, but when I got up to speak I was for the first second I was at a loss for words. Me? Preaching about Jesus in China? In a banquet? This is amazing! I shared with all my heart and gave a strong challenge to go to the fellowship that brought us out there. They provided about 20 bibles for free, and at the end of the night they had a LOT of names who wanted a bible because they've ran out. It was an amazing growing experience for me, and I trust that people really felt God touch them. I've never experienced my translator break down into tears. Mark thought it was because she felt that she did a bad job translating, I'm having faith that it was the holy spirit ministering to her. i'm pretty sure i'm right. I just got an email from our contact there and he was telling about more and more testimonies of what God is doing in the aftermath of the banquet. God is so amazing.

Mark thought it was because she felt that she did a bad job translating, I'm having faith that it was the holy spirit ministering to her. i'm pretty sure i'm right.

Then when we get back, the Vine Worship Band and I have been asked to go to England to lead worship and for me for to be the keynote speaker for a youth conference. This conference is for hundreds of Chinese youth in England.

Me? Are you sure you got the right person?

Last night at our leaders meeting we sprung a time of soaking in the presence of the Lord on our team. In that 45 minutes God rebuked my fear and he asked me this:

Who are they wanting to hear? They want to hear MY voice.


I was like woah God.. I was focusing too much on them wanting to hear ME, or having to rely on MY speaking... Once God corrected me I was completely refreshed and encouraged because a huge burden was taken off my shoulders.

Ok God, I'm ready. Bring it on.

Comments

Popular Posts